|Backend Development||Clojure, Postgres, leiningen, oh-my-zsh, clojure.spec|
|Frontend Development||ClojureScript, Re-Frame, rum, JS, react, websockets, Semantic UI, HTML, CSS|
|Dev Ops||Ubuntu, ssh, lein, nrepl, bash, Jenkins|
|Emacs||magit, cider, org-mode, paredit, projectile, helm|
Senior Frontend Software Engineer, Threatgrid at Cisco2017-06 — Present
Advanced Malware Analysis
- Applied management techniques to co-lead a frontend engineering team
- Installed single source state management for 30% faster development time
- Upgraded a frontend JS single page app to a clojurescript app
- Introduced systematic code cleaning which eradicated 97% of bike-shedding
Senior Data Engineer Contractor, ROKT2015-03 — 2017-05
Transactional marketing startup
- Mentored junior developers on Clojure best practices, style, and team culture
- Designed implemented and maintained self-serve UI for Ad APIs which lead to 80% fewer support requests
- Lead multiple workshops ranging from Emacs, Higher Order Functions, and re-frame
Technical Co-Founder + CTO, Fetchh.io2014-03 — 2015-04
On-demand logistics service and the easiest way to pack and post items
- Designed, developed, and deployed entire SPA, Clojure backend, and Postgres infrastructure
- Rolled an analytics platform to measure user behavior (sql queries + Google Analytics + Intercom.io)
- Reverse engineered postage carrier APIs and placed thousands of shipments
- Crafted a tracking system to automatically inform Fetchh customers about the status of their 3,000+ shipments
- Transmitted customized marketing through Etsy's in-app messaging protocol
- Pitched Fetchh to investors, raising a $150k Angel Round
Software Engineer, Staples Inc. (Staples SparX)2013-03 — 2014-02
Applied machine learning branch of Staples Inc.
- Lead developer for the SparX reporting platform
- Improved SparX's A/B testing platform, releasing it 3 months ahead of schedule
Creator, CLJS Fiddle2016-03 — Present
site for exploring and sharing interactive ClojureScript snippets.ClojureScript, Reagent, Parinfer
Creator, hiccup.space2015-02 — 2015-03
Minimalist site to showcase Clojure's ability to manipulate HTML as datastructures.
Creator, Blog2016-02 — Present
Conceptualization, design, development, deployment, and content.
Bachelor of Science, University of California at Davis2009-01 — 2013-01
Simplifying Clojure Data with Tracks, Sydney Clojure Group2016
CLJS Fiddle (https://youtu.be/FDRBTXfFOhw), ReactJS Sydney2016
Clojure, RethinkDB, and You, Sydney Clojure Group2016
My time working with Bryan to build, grow, and sell Fetchh has given me great insight into his abilities as a leader and thinker. Bryan has an ability to develop lean strategies that develop and grow products fast. His ability to iterate makes him an asset to any company and I would jump at the opportunity to work with him again.
Bryan has a deep knowledge of re-frame. I worked with him on a port to the JVM, which was a great success. It was also when I was tossing around ideas with Bryan that the concept of reg-sub arrived.