|Backend Development||Clojure, Postgres, leiningen, oh-my-zsh, clojure.spec,|
|Frontend Development||ClojureScript, Re-Frame, rum, JS, react, websockets, Semantic UI, HTML, CSS,|
|Dev Ops||Ubuntu, ssh, lein, nrepl, bash, Jenkins|
|Emacs||magit, cider, org-mode, paredit, projectile, helm|
Senior Frontend Software Engineer, Threatgrid at Cisco2017-06 — Present
Advanced Malware Analysis
- Applied management techniques to co-lead a frontend engineering team
- Installed single source state management for 30% faster development time
- Upgraded a frontend javasript app to a clojurescript app
- Introduced systematic code cleaning which eradicated 97% of bike shedding
Senior Data Engineer Contractor, ROKT2016-05 — Present
a mid-size transactional marketing startup
- Mentored developers regarding Clojure best practices, style, and team culture
- Implemented and maintained self-serve UI for Advertiser APIs which lead to 80% fewer API support requests
- Lead multiple workshops ranging from Emacs, Higher Order Functions, and re-frame
Technical Co-Founder, Fetchh.io2015-03 — 2016-04
an on-demand logistics service and the easiest way to pack and post items.
- Designed, developed, and deployed entire SPA, Clojure backend, and Postgres infrastructure
- Rolled an analytics platform to measure user behavior (sql queries + Google Analytics + Intercom.io)
- Reverse engineered postage carrier APIs and placed thousands of shipments
- Architected a system to track parcels and automatically inform customers about the status of thousands of shipments
- Sent highly customized marketing through Etsy's in-app messaging protocol
- Raised 150k Angel Round
Software Engineer, Staples Inc. (Staples SparX)2014-03 — 2015-02
an applied machine learning branch of Staples Inc.
- Lead developer for the SparX reporting platform
- Improved SparX's A/B testing platform, getting it into production 3 months ahead of schedule
Software Engineer, Oxygen Cloud Inc.2013-08 — 2014-02
a self-hostable Dropbox clone.
- Engineered a compatibility layer which linked ftp into the Oxygen Cloud file system
- Mentored 3 new team-mates to successfully build compatibility layers for WebDAV, SFTP, and Samba
Creator, CLJS Fiddle2016-03 — Present
site for exploring and sharing interactive ClojureScript snippets.ClojureScript, Reagent, Parinfer
Creator, hiccup.space2015-02 — 2015-03
Minimalist site to showcase Clojure's ability to manipulate HTML as datastructures.
Creator, Blog2016-02 — Present
Conceptualization, design, development, deployment, and content.
Bachelor of Science, University of California at Davis2009-01 — 2013-01
Simplifying Clojure Data with Tracks, Sydney Clojure Group2016
CLJS Fiddle (https://youtu.be/FDRBTXfFOhw), ReactJS Sydney2016
Clojure, RethinkDB, and You, Sydney Clojure Group2016
My time working with Bryan to build, grow, and sell Fetchh has given me great insight into his abilities as a leader and thinker. Bryan has an ability to develop lean strategies that develop and grow products fast. His ability to iterate makes him an asset to any company and I would jump at the opportunity to work with him again.
Bryan has a deep knowledge of re-frame. I worked with him on a port to the JVM, which was a great success. It was also when I was tossing around ideas with Bryan that the concept of reg-sub arrived.